Thursday, July 27, 2017

New weekly feature



Over the past 15 months since I started the “Hump Day Hot Ticket” feature, I thought it would be a fun way to discover new bands and to spread the word about the talent out there that could use some more attention. I thought that at best, I would get a small readership and perhaps enough material so that I could maintain this on a weekly basis.

However, it would be an understatement to say that things have far exceeded my expectations! In just the last 7 months, I have been fortunate to include national acts such as Queensrÿche and Cradle of Filth in this feature. Several bands have returned to me and asked if I would review them more than once; my third review of Chinese electronic goth-rock band Aggronymph has received nearly 6000 hits and has surpassed my KNAC tribute (my personal pride and joy) as my most-viewed article here. I had reviews scheduled up to 2 months in advance.

In a fast-paced world such as ours, let's face it, a 2-month waiting list just doesn't cut it anymore. Bands want their material reviewed while it is still new. I realized that reserving these reviews to one day a week was no longer enough, and it was time to do something about it!

Starting this Friday, I am expanding on the Hump Day Hot Ticket feature, and introducing “Femme-Metal Friday”. The premise is exactly the same, except now Fridays are strictly for female-fronted bands. I get a lot of review requests for femme-metal bands, so this will help to lighten the load somewhat. I may still feature some female-fronted bands on Wednesday, but I will save it for those bands that might feature a male vocalist, or might not quite categorize itself as metal.

I hope this will open up more possibilities to review more bands. Perhaps this can also give me an opportunity to review older videos in the future as well, and not always focus on the latest thing. Now that I have expanded this to twice a week, the options are limitless.

I hope you will continue to enjoy these video reviews, and you are always welcome to suggest a band for me to review in the comments section! Stay tuned for the first new Friday installment tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment