Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas!



I know I promised not to share any more holiday songs, but today is Christmas, and there is a new Von Smith video that I had to share.

In commemoration of the holiday, Von gives us his take on Mariah Carey's “Miss You Most at Christmastime”. I personally think Von's version, but I am biased, and for another, I am not what would be considered the world's biggest Mariah Carey fan. But Von has an excellent knack for taking a song and making it his own, which he does here. The video itself is simple, with no frills: Von stands in an empty theater, and sings next to Logan Evan Thomas, playing piano. There is not much else you need when Von sings, because his voice commands attention and needs no ornamentation. Hopefully a Christmas album will come from this?

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment