Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hump Day Hot Ticket: Celestial Ruin “Sense of Exile”

Celestial Ruin band photo

Considering that I have been somewhat idle on this blog for quite some time, and because I want to become more active here, I have decided to start a new weekly feature; where I will share videos from bands I am currently listening to, have just discovered, or who are old favorites. Because I am not the best at coming up with catchy names, we'll just call this “Hump Day Hot Ticket”. If any of you can come up with a better name, feel free to suggest one!

This weekly item serves a triple purpose: 1) for me to keep this blog more up-to-date, 2) to continue drawing attention to up-and-coming talent, and 3) because nothing gets you through the Hump Day slump better than good music!

In the future, I may share videos from more well-known bands, but for now, I will be sharing music from bands I have reviewed or interviewed in the past, or newer bands I will be reviewing here or at Sonic Cathedral at a later time.

This week's pick for the inaugural edition of “Hump Day Hot Ticket” comes from Celestial Ruin, a symphonic metal band from Vancouver, BC. This is the lyric video for the song “Sense of Exile”, from their upcoming album Pandora, which will be released on April 22nd. Give it a listen!

Let me know what you think of the song and of the new weekly installment in the comments section. If you have a request for a future “Hump Day Hot Ticket”, or you'd like to see your band's video featured here, just drop me a line in the comments section or use the “Contact Me” widget at the right-hand side of the page to send me an e-mail.

Happy Hump Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment