Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Hump Day Hot Ticket: Sorronia “Forsaken Tale”

Photo courtesy of Kovács Miska at G&M Pictures

If you have been following this blog or this weekly feature on a regular basis, then you probably recall that I have reviewed the Hungarian symphonic metal band Sorronia before, just a couple months back. Since there is no written rule anywhere that I can't review the same band twice (and since this is my blog and I make the rules here, I know I certainly never wrote such a rule), and because the band since has new music to share since my last entry about them, I am going to give them another write-up. Also, for the most obvious reason: I think they are a great band and anytime I can draw further attention to a band I like, I'm going to do it.

For the band's upcoming album, Forsaken Tale, due for release sometime in October, Sorronia has released the title track as its first single, with a very cool lyric video to accompany this majestic track. To a backdrop of a running stream, along with imagery of a crumbling building and a blindfolded statue holding a clock. Lyrically, this song is about the passing of time, and how we take for granted that we have all the time in the world to do the things we want; yet time has passed before we know it, and while we're busy sitting around making grand plans, the world still goes on. This sentiment is especially echoed in the lyric, “while you forgot to live, the stream reached the sea”. In other words, no matter what we do, time goes on with or without us, so we had better make the most of it. Some pretty insightful stuff.

Musically, this is sure to appeal to fans of bands like Nightwish, Within Temptation, Kamelot, or Serenity (in fact, the cover artwork of Forsaken Tale looks very Serenity-like). This song is already leaps and bounds ahead of their debut album, which was almost 3 years ago. If this is any indicator to what the rest of the album will be like, then it's sure to be great!

For more information on Sorronia, visit their official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment