Thursday, August 29, 2013

Welcome, my little hobbitses!





Hi everyone!

This is my brand-new music review blog; for all of my reviews that cannot be posted at Sonic Cathedral for one reason or another. Since quite a few of you seem to enjoy them, I thought I'd continue writing other reviews for people to read. I hope you like them too.

I'd also like to give a quick shout-out to my dear friend Sudra Kaye, for coming up with the name of this blog. "Script the Darkness" is a play on words from the song "Trip the Darkness" by the band Lacuna Coil. Since we're both fans of Lacuna Coil, I figured this was a most fitting name and that it would do nicely. I was not coming up with a good name of my own, so I'm glad that Sudra had the creative foresight to dream one up for me! He is also a talented musician in his own right, so perhaps you will read my reviews of his music sometime!

For now, this site is exclusively for music-related reviews: albums, concerts, etc. I think that will keep me busy enough! If you're looking for political or social commentary, this is probably not the place for you; but you're welcome here all the same! Likewise, if you're here to read my opinions on the latest Top 40 hits or boy band sensations, then this is definitely not the place for you! Not that I have anything against those things, but there are plenty of other places on the internet already devoted to popular music. I would rather focus on the music that you may not necessarily hear about everyday. I love all kinds of music, but rock and metal is where my heart is, so these genres is where the majority of my reviews will be written. But that's not to say I might not review something else from time to time!

Stay tuned: I do plan to have some reviews up in the very near-future. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to do this. There are too many of you to name, and you all know who you are!

In the meantime, here is the video for the song "Trip the Darkness", the Coil song after which this blog was named. Perhaps this will help to give you a better idea of the kind of music I plan to review here. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment