Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Hump Day Hot Ticket: Thrillkiller “A Reason”

Thrillkiller band photo

So unless you are new to this place or have been ignoring the majority of my posts, you probably know by now that I fuckin' love Thrillkiller. I would go as far as to say that they're not just one of my favorite new bands of the past year—they are my favorite new band of the year. If you haven't read my review of the band's new album, Showdown, then this video review is a good time to get acquainted with this amazingly talented band.

Mixing elements of rock, metal, pop, and just about any other genre you can think of, Thrillkiller has hit potential written all over them. Honestly, why their music isn't all over the radio aiwaves already is just indicative of what a screw-job the music “industry” really is. If the business was truly about showcasing new talent, Thrillkiller would be at the top of the charts by now. Seriously, they're that good. I don't say that about a lot of bands. But of all the countless bands I come across on a regular basis had the most potential to cross over to mainstream success, I would say Thrillkiller is that band. Barely out the gate, and they're already primed for mega-stardom. Too bad everyone is too busy looking in the wrong places for the next big breakout stars, when all you have to do is look towards Baltimore and go to the next Thrillkiller gig. You'd hear it for yourself.

You don't live close to Baltimore? Not to worry, I've got you covered. You can start here by listening to “A Reason”, which has been made into a very nice-looking lyric video. I have seen some lyric videos from more “established” bands that don't look nearly as well put-together. The quality that Thrillkiller puts into not only their music, but everything they do, only shows how professional they are, and if opportunity did come knocking, they would be more than ready to answer the door.

For more information on Thrillkiller, or to view tour dates to see when they are coming to your area, visit the band's Facebook page or their official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment